Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Months...

Today Cesar, you are officially three months old. It's amazing how time works. Nothing ever slows down. Sometimes, because I am always with you, I feel like you should be much older. Other times I cannot believe how much time has passed. Especially since you are changing so very much right now. You're touching things, going through another growth spurt, you are learning to turn over, and just the other day you started making new noises. Your laugh was once just a hyena's... it sounded more like strained breaths of air you sucked in with a smidgen of sound, followed by a big smile. But now there's a tremor of giggle in it. It hasn't quite broken yet into a full laugh, but I find it fascinating none the less. Even though you have been progressing bit by bit since you were born, it's as if all of that is starting to pile up and BOOM, you are starting to do all these amazing things at once!

Today your Grandmother Melinda (Vincent's mom) came to see you. She was dropping off Vincent's little sister, your Aunt Miranda, and I was so proud to see you sit with her. She said you had gotten much larger, and you reacted so much with her. You smiled and looked her up and down with excited eyes. My dad likes to think that you easily forget him and other family members that you only see every so often, but I don't think so. Maybe it's that illogical mother in me, but I think on some level, buried deep in the subconscious they must seem familiar to you and you must have good feelings for them. 

Below: Close to July fourth, we went out to Market square and hung out with your Grandma Melinda. You really liked watching her dance around to some of the music they had there! (July 2011)


I had a very strange dream about you once. I was an angel of sorts, but I was a masculine angel I think. Anyhow, there were groups of other beings amongst us, and you were there too. However, you were an older angel, unrelated to me and very opposite. You were reckless and fearless and younger than me. We were to go somewhere, to an island, and a couple of girls who were supposed to accompany my group didn't want to go. You said you would go with them, and I told you no, that they had already signed up for this, but you insisted you wanted to go in their place anyhow. I remember they were dressed in white robes with gold in their dark hair.... The next tidbit would be the island. A dark goddess reigned there, and I remember thinking, "This b*tch..." The island kept shifting, the entire shape and theme of it shifted in a strange magic. More or less it left off their.. our team going up onto the shore, with the guidance of our gods on our side. It makes me laugh now, trying to take apart the dream and interpret what it must mean, as you ran and hopped on ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment