Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye August!

It’s the last day of August and a lazy day. You’ve been dozing on and off for most of it. I appreciate August because I was born this month. I enjoy being a Leo, and the idea of summer is very romantic. However, it’s the hottest month, and this summer was brutal. So I am glad to say goodbye to August and head into September. This month has been an adventure though….

The other night I ate spicy picante sauce and tortilla chips. It was fantastic and satisfying until… I was laying on the bed with you. I had just finished breastfeeding you, Cesar, and we were goofing off in the sense that you were making all sorts of noises and I was showing you how to use my phone. I’d grab your finger and have you push things on the touch screen. We sent a few text messages to my friend, Pat. Then, I picked you up to do “Airplane!”  (a typical game for us now) and held you high up over me. Suddenly… BLEH! You barfed all over me. It fell in my mouth, my hair, and on my pillow! Needless to say, no more picante for me.

You laughed a few nights ago as well. I was watching Adult Swim, late night programming on Cartoon Network. The show was Robot Chicken, and as usual when adult shows are on, I was doing my best to keep your attention off of the TV, so I had you facing me. I was shaking your booty, singing, and just trying to get you worn out in general for the night. Suddenly, a bit played on the TV about Jack Sparrow (a fictional pirate) and what he would be like realistically. I burst out laughing at one point, and I was laughing so hard you must have thought I was silly, because you had the biggest grin and then YOU started laughing too! It was a fantastic feeling, to hear your half formed, part hiccup, part giggle.

We saw your Grandpa Harley and Uncle Sean (from my side). Our air conditioning unit went out this past Sunday and it was dreadful. Hottest day officially at 110 degrees.  So we packed you up and the three of us moved over to my father’s house for the night. It was very entertaining, considering that I had to put up a fight. Between your grandfather and uncle they just cannot wait to shove things down your throat. I had to get on them about it. A little taste of something is a treat now and again.. But that was overkill. You had whipped cream, caramel sauce, and my dad even tried to give you bread crumbs! I had to remind him that you are a baby and cannot chew bread and it could get caught in your throat! Sometimes I swear people think you are a toy. It’s humorous but can be very stressful at the same time.  I had to wet a washcloth and make sure I scrubbed your mouth clear of all that sugar also.

Above: You met your Grandfather Oscar, Vincent's dad, on Sunday for the FIRST time. He is a mechanic and tried to help us fix our AC. Unfortunately there was no salvaging it. I could tell he was thrilled about you because he didn't want to put you down! I was very pleased.

And lastly, I am pretty sure that you are teething. It’s so difficult to say for certain since there’s no tooth yet. You have horribly fussy spells though. My best treatment is to get an ice cube, put it in a mitt (yeah, those mitts we put over your hands so you wouldn’t become a thumb sucker? We gave up on those after a few days) and hold it for you to suck and gnaw on. The material feels good on your gums, and you can also suck at the ice. However.. you like to do it for long periods nonstop, so much so that you start crying because you’ve frozen your mouth and we have to take a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment