Saturday, September 3, 2011

Meet and Greet!

So yesterday you met with your cousins, Annadee and Little Oscar. They are from your father's side of the family, Uncle Oscar and Aunt Kellie. I was really thrilled that they came by to chat. I often think of how strange it must be for you to view the world amongst so many large adults. You had met your cousins once before, but it was so long ago and they didn't stay too long. Now they really had an impact. Annadee, who is eight months, just looked and you and you at her. A huge grin came over your face as you went about examining this other person. Little Oscar is much older, but even he was not quick to abandon you. In fact, I'd say he's eager to play with you, except he doesn't realize his own strength..well, that's a three year old for you! We had a good time, and I got to gossip a bit with Kellie, which was very enjoyable. Annadee doesn't crawl... she swims. It's the cutest thing, just watching her use her legs to frog her way across the carpet. After observing your cousins, perhaps it gave you motivation, because it became quite clear that you were not satisfied being immobile!

 Above: You and Annadee. You were very inspired by the whole meeting, and the two of you just look so cute! I think it's hilarious, however, that you already outweigh her! Annadee is 17 pounds, and you are over twenty now. She is in size 2 diapers and you in size 3. I hope that you slim out a little when you get mobile so you don't outgrow your cloth diapers!

In fact, that evening you turned over three times! Always from tummy to back, but it was AMAZING. You just rolled, and on your back you have manged to push yourself almost to your side, so I am certain you will soon be rolling over from back to tummy. That and you do lots of what I have dubbed, "clocktwists." Basically, because you can't crawl, and your tummy is big, you push and move, and you turn around on the floor with your belly being the center of the "clock." You haven't made it 360 degrees yet. Usually you only do a 180 at best before you get upset and I flip you onto your back, but last night you almost made it! I am so pleased... I really believe meeting others stimulated your mind a bit more. And today...

Grandma Val!!! That's right. My mother flew in from Michigan last night and is at my father's house. I offered to stay the night over there and give Vincent a little freedom. She is so excited to see you. After all, it's been three months. Just wait until she picks you up!


No comments:

Post a Comment