Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grumpy Gorilla

Well Cesar, it's pretty safe to say that you're no little monkey.. you're a full blown gorilla! Of course I don't mind in the slightest. In fact, I think it's quite cute. When you get angry your brows knit together and we say you have a "grumpy gorilla face."

So today I am quite astounded at how high your spirits are. You're sick,  you see. First fever ever. I tried to take  your temperature but you kept squirming because you don't appreciate the ear thermometer. The reading I got was 99.6, so I imagine it's actually a little higher than that. (On a side note, I never bothered to get one of those dreadful butt thermometers... they may be 'more accurate' but I don't think I need to be exact for the most part. You're sick and that's that.) You nose is stuffy, so much so that you have trouble eating and give up most of the time. You ate very little last night, and have eaten less today. You've been sleeping for most of it as well.

I'm not too concerned. Being sick is part of life, and if anything I am very grateful I can keep an eye on you and comfort you instead of being away at work or something. I think I shall do some writing in my free time while you sleep, and when you wake up maybe we will watch a movie. I read to you earlier some creation myths out of a book I bought the other day at Half Price books. Hopefully it soothed you some to hear the various stories of how our world began. I even started up a vaporizer that Vincent had bought for you. Unfortunately I can't tell how well it is working since I lack the additives (Eucalyptus, Vicks vapors, ect.) for the water. It's just odorless steam, so I'm not certain if it's flowing properly to you. I think I will go check on you again.

Above: Your crazy uncle Sean bundled you up "like a ninja," early one morning while visiting. What a goof! You look nice, warm, and cozy, although seconds later you tore off the blanket as much as you could. I am going to go bundle up with you right now!

1 comment: